Saturday, October 27, 2012

Relationship Attachment Model

Below is an image of the RAM which is explained in more depth in the book How to Avoid Falling in Love with a Jerk.



The gist of this model is that the relationships which survive follow this model.  As people learn to rely on each other, they trust each other more and know each other more than they trust each other.  As the levels on the right go higher, the functional relationship makes sure they do not go higher than the levers to the left.

We discussed this model in class and it really hit home for me.  I am a very physically oriented person, so I hug everyone.  This means that when I am dating someone, I tend to be even more physically focused with them than I am with anyone else.  This obviously has not worked out for the better for me since I am still single.  I found this model intriguing because I have never thought about it and it makes so much sense.  I just hope that anyone else who sees this and needs it will be able to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment